Pagina's

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH END OF GREEN


ANSWERS: SAD SIR (guitar)

HELLO, HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR MUSIC?
We’re the bastard child of Alternative, Goth, Metal and Rock’n’Roll. If you might also want to call it bad weather music. That’s fine with us. Go for it. We’re with you, on that one.

IN GERMANY YOU’RE QUITE KNOWN, I MEAN YOUR ALBUM GOT IN THE CHARTS BUT OVER HERE END OF GREEN IS STILL A RATHER UNKNOWN BAND. HOW COME?
Guess, we haven’t been to your place too often. Two times I think. I think we should change that. You know we’re playing a lot in germany, that’s probably why people know us here pretty good.


I NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT AND I DON’T THINK THERE’S ANY SOLUTION TO IT BUT POLITICAL WE’RE SO CALLED ONE COUNTRY BUT IT’S DAMN DIFFICULT TO LET BANDS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES IN? NOT?
I don’t think it’s too difficult. It sometimes is just a lack of invitation. If there’s any promoter inviting us for a show I think there will not be to many problems with us stepping over the border.


AND EVEN IF YOU’RE GERMAN, YOU DON’T HAVE A GERMAN SOUND…
That’s good, isn’t it? We’re influenced by a lot of diffent styles – apart from Krautrock none of these was ever quite “german”. In that case I think we’re pretty much international.


“HIGH HOLES IN LOW PLACES” GATHERS QUITE A LOT OF DIFFERENT STYLES, IS THAT BECAUSE YOU WANTED THAT OR HAS IT GROWN AUTOMATICALLY?
“High HOLES in Low Places”? No, sir. “Hopes”. Our style has always been a melange of our musical tastes, and there is a lot in that band. It’s kind of natural for us to keep our minds free from any genre limitations. We’re free to do whatever we want in our music, and we live that. If there’s a catchy hook right next to some really nasty distortion – we go for it. Getting a little post-punk next to metal? Yes, that’s us.



I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST IT, BUT END OF GREEN AREN’T AFRAID TO SOUND WHAT SOME MIGHT CALL COMMERCIAL, NOT?
Definitely not. I just don’t think it’s commercial. Bands like Slipknot sell millions of records. Or Hatebreed – no one would dare to call that “commercial” and speaking as a record dealer: You can make way more cash with that kind of music. So “No”, it has nothing to do with selling more records. It’s just a matter of our taste. But in one case you’re perfectly right: We’re not afraid of Pop, Melodies and a good hookline. .



HMMMM THE SINGER IS NAMED MICHELLE DARKNESS AND YOUR LYRICS AREN’T THAT BRIGHT AS WELL, SO ARE YOU REALLY THAT DARK?
Yes,Sir. We are. But like everyone with a sense for darkness – we’re also blessed with an outstanding portion of good clean black humour and cynicism. To sum it up: We’re probably just like a lot of other people we all know. We just have the tendency to live our melancholy and darkness a little more offensive. Call it intensity.



DARKNESS OH DARKNESS, BUT THERE WILL BE PEOPLE AROUND WHO ARE TELLING YOU THAT YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!!!!
I guess they’re right, and I’ll stick to that one until I can prove them wrong. And especially since I think we only live once, I think we have a responsibility to live a good life. Anyone, anything messing with that is my enemy.



SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME THAT ART CAN ONLY BE SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL IF IT SHOWS AN UGLY SIDE….
With all due respect: that’s bullshit. And it starts with the question “What is beautiful?”. I like Autumn, that’s beauty to me. But I know shitloads of people that prefer summer, and they all have their point. I think art needs to touch. Music that doesn’t touch is a waste of time. And some music that’s really good in my ears is bullshit for others – that’s okay. That’s probably art. I think you can only cherish the good if you know the bad, and to every good side, there’s an ugly side and vice versa.


WOULD YOU DO EVERYTHING FOR STARDOM?
No, Sir. We believe in integrity.


I ASK THIS EVERYONE : WHAT’S YOUR FAVE RECORD OF ALL TIME AND PLEASE STATE WHY….
I really do not have just one favourite record. I have favourite records for moods I’m in. Lately I have been listening a lot to “From The Lions mouth” from THE SOUND. That record saved my ass in the most difficult time of my life so far. And I will always thank the guy who gave it to me. Actually, it was Kerker, our guitar player.


I LEAVE THE LAST WORDS TO YOU.
Always remember: Depression is not a fashion accessory. Thank you for the interest in our band. We really do not take that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment