Pagina's

Friday, July 9, 2010

SOUNDS YOU MIGHT NEVER HEAR.... : THE HOLY SISTERS OF THE GAGA DADA


Picked this one up at a local fleamarket as the women on the sleeve were gothic dressed and you never know that some unopened gem might turn out intosomething like Siouxsie & The Banshees.
They're a bit goth but this all female band formed in 1981 are playing a sort of batcavething with 80's synths, I mean if you can ever imagine how Christian Death would sound if they cover an album by The Slits I guess you have a picture how this California based band sounded.
Makes me wonder how this album got here as it seems to be a very Hollywood undergroundthing, let alone how insane it is that it ended up being on some Belgian fleamarket!
Makes you aware that you better keep your eyes open there, I won't start writing a hymn about fleamarkets but unbelievable what I found there in my life and even more what people are leaving behind.
If you look on You Tube you can see their "Neighbor's Scream".
Strange but good, but then again I love strange music....

No comments:

Post a Comment