Pagina's

Friday, April 30, 2010

SINGLE REVIEWS : CRUEL BLACK DOVE - THE MYTH AND THE SUM EP


Cruel Black Dove...
I am almost sure that you never heard from them but honestly said : who can blame you?
This Brooklyn-based band are already around since 2006 and somewhere God decided never to play this band over here and so it happens they're obscure.
Shame, a real shame but this EP belongs to the cream of the crop that came to my ears this year so far.
It's glamrock with post-punkguitars and female vocals which are ..dead sexy like Kirlian Camera on fuzzguitars.
Kirlian Camera on fuzzguitars?
Yeah, I'm that desperate to describe a band's sound.
Think Kill Hannah, think the best Garbage had delivered and dream away with having the voice from Anastasia Dimou in the head (the voice I said...).
Oh , and I just found out that one of their tracks will be remixed by Cameron Ray from Veil Veil Vanish, can this be coincidence?
http://www.myspace.com/cruelblackdove

No comments:

Post a Comment