Pagina's

Sunday, January 31, 2010

UNKNOWN PLEASURES : MEMORY TAPES

I always has been in love with what people call the perfect poptune. It can be my brain, my moods or whatever but if I hear a perfect tune with a heavenly female voice then I'm sold.
Listening to Memory Tapes makes me sold forever. This band from New Jersey who were in another life called Weird Tapes, once in another life it was Memory Cassette,understood this perfectly.
Normally their album "Seek Magic" should be out by now and from what I've heard so far, I can only tell that it is the kind of record that every indiedreampoplover should own.
Electronic beats that goes along with the dreamy pop from Sarah Redcords makes Memory Tapes sounds like...well...Saint Etienne.
But is it bad to sound like Saint Etienne? Nope, it's even more than a compliment....
it means that they're brilliant!
http://www.myspace.com/memorytapes

No comments:

Post a Comment